Sunday, May 22, 2011

Making Plans for Team Training

This has been a great week for us!  We've had $75 donated, which is half of what I need to go do my first session of team training.  We have decided that Gypsy and I will travel to PA to do Team Training on June 8th, and we will be there until the 10th. 

Cooper has continued with learning many puppy basics, like sit, down, lap up and wait.  He is also learning to work with all sorts of equipment, like vests, collars, leashes, harnesses, and head gear.

Cooper is also learning about living in a house and hanging out with other dogs.  So far I hear that he is friends with everyone and is learning to respect the limits of the other dogs in his house.

Gypsy and I attended a fund-raising event this weekend for NAMI called NAMI-Walks in Hartford, CT.  We had a great time walking with members of Please Don't Pet Me.  Today Gypsy is a bit sore, but I plan to stay home for the next two days so she can rest.

I've also registered for classes next year.  I've been accepted as a transfer student at Southern Connecticut State University and plan to study for two degrees, one is Elementary Education and one in Mathematics.  Two to three years from now, if all goes well, I will start working on a Masters Degree so that I can teach at the high school level.

I want to send a big thank you to everyone out there who has been so wonderful to support us in every way!  Please spread the word!
And just for fun, a video of Cooper playing in the pool.






No comments:

Post a Comment